Mt. Orab, Ohio
Mount Orab (previously known as Mount Oreb) was laid out in 1850.
Mt Orab is located in Brown County Ohio about 12 miles from the county seat of Georgetown. Brown County’s majority of population was people from the State of Virginia, because it was part of the Virginia Military Survey. The land was granted to Officers who served in the Revolutionary War in the State of Virginia and the Officers of the Army in the State of Virginia.
The County was named after General Jacob Brown who was an officer in the War of 1812. The County was then organized in the year 1817
Mount Orab is the largest village in Green Township. The name Mt. Orab was named after the biblical name of Mt. Horeb in the Bible. Green Township was created on December 2, 1834. It was originally a part of Clermont County. It was created from portions of Sterling Township.
Before any lots were laid out, a store was kept on the southwest corner of Broadway and High Street, Henry Dennis was the first merchant of the town and James McClure was also first of the beginning merchants. The first village smith’s were Charles Zeller and Henry Varley. The village was laid out by Daniel Keethler on September 3. 1850 on the east bank of Sterling Fork of White Oak Creek and the lots were surveyed by a William McLain. There were only 19 lots in the beginning. Growth was slow until the Cincinnati & Eastern Railroad reached town on April 19, 1877. In that same year, 31 lots were added, and by 1880 Mt. Orab had become an incorporated village
Search Mt. Orab, Ohio Homes for Sale
RealHome Services and Solutions, Inc
Century 21 Home Star Realty
Home Experts Realty
Keller Williams Advisors Realty
Today's Market Trends for Mt. Orab, Ohio *
* All data pertains to single-family homes